11/30/05

some questions

And again, when does personal sacrifice come into play? When do I start to give up my comforts -- finances, pride, security, and knowledge -- to trust?
How could a persecuted pastor from Nepal make this all up? Does he find it amusing to quietly, timidly tell me he and his wife had no food for Thanksgiving dinner? Funny joke. Really funny. Is it comfortable to send the whole of his income to his brothers and sisters who still feel the iron fist of Hinduism pressing down on their faith? He says he needs money to survive so he can keep reaching out; who doesn't? Are his methods so despicable, are his motives so tainted that he doesn't deserve my help?
And when did I deserve God's help? Tell me, when did I become so just and righteous and proper to deserve the grace of God and fellow man?

No comments: