9/8/06

temple

Shoddy human, did you know you're enough? Did you know what you've been given is... enough to be the temple of the Holy Spirit? Did you know that? 'Cause I don't mean to insult your intelligence or anything, but... you really don't seem to know it. Or at least you don't seem to believe it. You keep sitting around, like you're waiting for God to make your muscles more capable of lifting, your heart more capable of caring. And I don't know, but I've been watching you for a long time, and nothing seems to be happening. At least nothing beyond what's already happened. You just keep sitting, waiting. And I just keep watching you.

There was this news bulletin awhile back, and I'm sure you saw it, 'cause... well... quite frankly, everybody else saw it. But in case you forgot what all the hype was about: the Holy Spirit's moved in, along with all His stuff, and that's, like... everything. You don't need anything else.

Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

3 comments:

Luke said...

Why is forgetting so much easier than remembering?

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie,
Just read some of your writings on the blog. It's interesting... does anyone read?

Benjamin

c.l.beyer said...

Hm. Well, I guess I'd like to think so.