10/3/05

castles

I had a vision of growth and promise. I didn't write it down, so my castles have already begun to crumble a bit under the weight of hours and conversations and someone else's scrutiny.
I never know if my castles -- hopes and imaginings -- are healthy. I think they are sometimes, until I realize that I've spent a half hour in them, maybe more, without even that much time of building real castles in the day. When that happens, I just pray that God'll take the moments I've created as a prayer. "Father, forget the specifics. Make the desires of my heart in tune with Your heart. Build better castles, bigger castles, more beautiful than I can ever imagine."

"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." -1 Corinthians 2.9

I think that applies to my castles too.

No comments: