9/30/05

to my readers who still are...

When the crispness* of autumn rolls in,
and I can get away with wearing long sleeves again;
when I crack open a good book,
pulled from my old school bag;
when the breeze reaches me from the window,
as a read a precious, handwritten letter;
when I can sit outside the coffee shop in the morning
without the weight of humidity upon me;
when a walk in the park sounds better
than an air-conditioned night with a movie;
when those books keep cracking open
and my journal keeps calling
and my school bag feels so natural on my shoulder
and I develop a strange hunger to learn;
then...
I wish I could be, like you,...

...a student again!

*Although 80 degrees may not define crispness by your standards, it would if you had experienced over 100-degree temperatures just two days before.

2 comments:

Luke said...

Readers you still have. Readers who appreciate your honesty in words.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

You are my inspiration, Carrie. Keep blogging!!