12/15/05

hypocrite

I'm the biggest hypocrite of them all. I'm guilty of standing like the Pharisee and thanking the Lord for teaching me things about Him, things that He didn't teach my publican friends. But I wish they knew, I wish they knew.

I wish they were as religious as I.
Almost.

I have a hard time understanding why they don't learn the things I'm learning. I mean, I've told them a thousand times how it ought to be, how I've been convicted to serve God better in this way. "So, come on, let's all do it together! What, you aren't joining me? But it's God's word! Can't you take me seriously?"

I put this confession way down here, at the bottom of my new postings, so it has less visibility. I'm not sure if I want you to know that I'm the biggest hypocrite of them all.

For all the things God's teaching me, you'd think I'd learn...

No comments: