12/18/05

come together

Pride glints off both of our pupils as we stare at each other.
"You move first."
"No, you."
"I'm a farmer's daughter. I'm tough. I'm brawny. You give in."

We will come together. We work together, and all those strange people swarming around draw us to the only ones we really know: ourselves. We are not enemies any longer, nor strangers. We are acquaintances. Our eyes meet in the courtyard; we try at a smile.

I see you looking sharp and talented, and my heart remembers that I love you. "Love thinks no evil." We melt at a wink, at bumping into the wall and a pat on the butt. It's over. The long wait is over.

And if we never see the pathways for the proud sunlight in our eyes, we will find each other -- come together -- in the darkness.

1 comment:

Luke said...

It's been awhile since I dropped in here. You've been busy.

God blesses me through your words.

Thank you.