9/30/05

hope again

Hope -- it drips down through the cracks of the strong, hard crust I've built about me. It washes my face clean of the tears. When I said, "God, I want to repent, but I don't know if my pride will let me," He said, "I paid for pride on the cross too."
"But," I said, "I don't understand my heart. I don't know what's wrong. How can I repent for that which I don't understand?"
"I understand it."
He understood it. He understands it.
And that's how hope dripped through the cracks and lifted up my eyes.

1 comment:

Jannalou said...

"And that's how hope dripped through the cracks and lifted up my eyes."

PERFECT.

Sometimes words take my breath away - the power of them, the beauty of them, the sheer awe they can inspire.

To place those words on the page, or to read them as written by someone else - this feeds my soul, feeds my spirit.

Yours is food for the soul.

Thank you.