7/14/05

meaning it

This was my last week of work outside of our home... at least for now. I finished up my last scrapbook pages -- pieces of art, depending on how you look at it. My last page was one dedicated to you. I called you dedicated and driven, hard-working and romantic, and then, "just plain charming." On the opposite page, there was a picture of us. Too much light in the picture, but it was still us -- not the best photographers, but the two best lovers I know. I wrote on the bottom: "small wonder I'm so in love with you."

I've thought about scrapbook pages, especially those created for class samples. They're always so generic, you know, and say things like "FRIENDS" and "Thanks for being YOU." Thanks for being YOU. Okay, I'll admit it: that's what my page said. But you have to make it versatile.

But anyway, those pages... it would be so easy to lie. So easy to make up a happy story about a happy man and wife who love each other and live happily ever after. It would be easy to make up character traits just to go with the pictures.

But the fact is... I don't have to make it up. Because it's real life, and as true as truth gets. And my last page... it's stapled up for the whole world to see.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Beautiful.

M said...

Speechless. Touching. What a blessing.