3/7/05

to john

John--is that even your name? I have a hard time remembering.
Where do you get your passion, John? Where do you get your questions? You were elated to have us pray with you. You were so excited you took over and praised God Almighty with your own lips. Then you asked us, "What do you know about God?" and "What do you know about God?" and "What do you know about God?"
What do I know? I said I knew that God is always there for us.
Would I know that if I lived where you live? Would I be as excited as you were to pray with strangers, strangers dressed in good clothes, strangers whose faces glow with health and life, strangers driving nice vehicles, strangers who have plenty to give away and only offer one bag full of food we'd never eat ourselves, full of food we didn't pay for?
Dear John, where do you get your passion?

No comments: