3/8/05

demotion

I've been informed that my blog postings are usually depressing. And just to convince you I'm not a generally depressed person (although I do often write when I'm down in the dumps), here's a reason to smile:

I asked for a demotion from my job yesterday. Yep, that's right. I'm still wondering if I may be crazy, but I'm rather giddy about the whole situation. I told my manager it was just too much, these nights and weekends, and I didn't feel like I was taking full advantage of spending time with friends and family. I told her I believed relationships were more important than my job, and it was time to set my priorities straight.
I wonder if people will believe that. I wonder if anyone will congratulate me on my demotion (ha ha!) or if they think I'm just not ready to accept responsibility. But you know what? It doesn't really matter what they think. They don't know the conviction the Lord has laid on my heart to be a more dedicated wife and friend.

So here I am, heading into my last week on the management team, excited to be a housewife, excited to spend more time writing, excited to be able to spend time with the people I love, and especially excited to spend more time with God. This is the life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

go carrie!

Brooke said...

Demotion? Cool! Maybe you could order one up for me!