11/1/07

november challenge: loving Kyle

Well, look at me, posting my challenge on the first day of the month!  Uh.  We won't talk about how I skipped last month.  I've been berating myself all of October for that one.

First, a report on the living healthily challenge from September:  I did pretty well.  I slipped up on the exercise thing a couple times because I forgot.  I started to adopt the trading-in-something-bad-for-something-better thing as a regular habit during that month, so I don't know if I did it every day, but I think that's okay.  I got sick for a few days, so I laid off on the vegetable and fruit thing because all I really wanted was chicken noodle soup.  I learned that feeling gross and headachey after a bad meal has more to do with my overdosing on sugar (pop, in particular) than overdosing on greasy pepperoni pizza.  I think that's an important discovery that I should have figured out before now, beings I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant.  I am feeling dense and boring tonight, and I think it has more to do with running around after a one-year-old all day than my having just eaten a buttery scone.  So, for now, I have no monumental nuggets of wisdom gleaned from my month of living more healthily.

As for November's challenge, it's all about romance.  Whoopee! 

I missed Sweetest Day.  I've never celebrated it before, but I heard on the radio that it was coming up, and I wanted to do something fun as a surprise for Kyle, but things were busy, and I got tired, and, and, and... I missed it.

In general, things are crazy once you have a kid.  Even if he goes to bed at eight, you still feel like a sopping dish rag by the time you're finally alone as a couple.  At least I do.  Really, I feel more like a dry dish rag right now -- the kind that's all crusty and molded into its previously soppy shape.  Sexy.  Very sexy.

I have no more details for you tonight on my incomparable sexiness, but I'll fill you in on the challenge.  (Yikes.  It's November.  That means I start today.  And it's already after 9...)

I resolve to do something romantic for my husband every day.   I can't give details because he reads my blog.  But I want to surprise Kyle, look and feel beautiful for Kyle, and be nice to Kyle more often.

Okay, I admit, even at 9.14 p.m., this challenge sounds like it could be just a little bit... fun. ;)

4 comments:

c.l.beyer said...

p.s. I plan to keep of a log of my daily romantic acts. No promises on publishing them, though!

Anonymous said...

carrie--i'm watching and learning from a seasoned ex-roomie right now ;) any good ideas for being 787 miles apart for 7 more days? and what about airport pickups on the weekend of one's wedding :) p.s. to make this surprise effective, please email me your response!! thank you...a soon-to-be-bride-in-kansas

Anonymous said...

Question of the Day:

Will all this sweetness and kindness to Kyle for this month, cause you to be running after a second child a year from now?

c.l.beyer said...

Anonymous #2: You know, for the life of me, I can't figure out how those two things would even be related.