11/30/04

sometimes I wonder

Sometimes I wonder if we really understand what it means to be a follower. Is it to silently hold back from the conversation because we don't want to step on anyone's toes? America is free; so... we keep our beliefs under tight security. Hush. Yes, that's what I believe, but I won't say it because although I believe you're going to hell because you don't believe it, you're entitled to believe what you want to believe. Hush. I can't say that. I can't say that you're condemned. But you are. Hush. You are. See it through my actions that I'm saved and you're not. See it in my eyes. Let the Holy Spirit tell you because He doesn't have to be politically correct. But I do. Hush. So I won't tell you. I'll just hope and pray. Hush.

!

"[I]n the congregations will I bless the LORD" (ps. 26.12 emphasis added). "I will wash mine hands in innocency... [t]hat I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all they wondrous works" (ps.26.6,7 emphasis added).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes I wonder - what makes a person condemned? If it is simply being born into the world as we know it, then perhaps instead of concerning ourselves with notifying a person they are condemned, we may consider sharing that humans can in fact be free. Perhaps you are making some interesting points, in an indirect way here. Politically correct or not, my friend, don't be afraid to share what's unpopular, yet absolute. To many, it is terrifing to know that there is, in fact, a savior who lives today - yet to those of us who understand the depth of this absolute, it is rather electrifying.

Blog on!

c.l.beyer said...

Vulnerable. That's me. Thanks, Anonymous, for helping me realize what I need to realize. Even with all the ambiguity and sarcasm with which I tried to write this passage, my human nature bore its ugly head. I think that in the satire, I was trying to say that my human nature needs to be squelched. I thought I had it under control, but my word choice proved me wrong.
Yes, it's about condemnation. But more than that, it's about freedom. And about Love.

c.l.beyer said...

Grammatical correction:
When I wrote in my comment that my human nature "bore its ugly head," I meant "bared" rather than "bore." Wrong word. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

god did not send jesus to be comfortable. so as another child of god, why should i expect to be comfortable? and if i am 'comfortable' sharing the greatest story, how do i pratice faith? i don't except to be comfortable - it is a spiritual warfare and if the enemy sees me trying to take 'his' territory - he is going to do everything in his power to keep me in my chair just praying!!

think how quiet this world would have been if god never bless his son with words. yes, i have two ears and one mouth but i still need to ask my father to bless my mouth with his words.

you already know this journey is not about us, it's about jesus. hush.

thanks for challenging me to stay vulnerable with jesus. aim.