7/2/07

i'd rather be reading...

...but I feel like I owe something to the two beautiful people who deposited comments in my inbox after nearly a month of blog silence on my part. I definitely didn't deserve three comments this morning [last Thursday], so it was like a handful of grace extended to a woman in desperate need some verve. So, my dear commenting friends, I give you what may be my day's most valuable moments: naptime.

I just laid Isaiah down in his crib after he fell asleep in his carseat. (He's in such a chatty stage right now. "Da-da-da-da, ta-ta-ta, buh-buh-buh, pbpbppbpb [blowing bubbles, a.k.a. spitting]" are his favorite things to tell me these days.) I was thinking, Please don't wake up. Please don't wake up, when he opened his eyes and said, "Da-da-da-da," and then went right back to sleep. It gave me a good laugh. That's the kind of thing that keeps me going.

2 comments:

Luke said...

I know you're not a fan of "picture blogs" - BUT - I'd love to see a picture of the little guy.

manhattandoula said...

I know what a sacrifice that is -- doing something dutiful instead of reading during naptime. It _is_ the most precious time of day. :)

Sorry I haven't been commenting. I've been faithfully checking your blog!!! As if that does you any good. ;)