4/8/07

april challenge: prayer

I couldn't think of any other way to start. Without crying out to God, I don't know how to start this year of practicing spiritual disciplines. (See previous post if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

I chose the discipline of prayer because it's the only way I know to improve communication with God. It's the best way I know of to fully offer myself to God, to open my heart to what He has for me.

If the first month of this plan goes well, I hope to have developed a regular daily prayer time as well as become more instant (spontaneous) in prayer. I hope to become more familiar with what the Bible says about prayer and more earnest when I pray. And I hope God will teach me much more about prayer than I could have ever imagined.

(Again, I invite you to join me as I develop this spiritual discipline. I"d love to know if you're journeying with me, and if you're adopting my spiritual discipline choices or coming up with your own.)

1 comment:

manhattandoula said...

Carrie, you're inspiring me. I have let things get too loose, and I've lost the time I need to connect with God. I'll keep checking your blog to keep myself on track. (How do you like that pressure?) Starting yesterday, I'm really going to try to get back to spending _regular_ time in the Word.