8/19/05

make me thankful

If I become distanced, and count you an enemy instead of a friend, remind me of your love. If I forget to speak, ask me questions. If I forget you've traveled this road much longer than I, tell me about how you've tripped and fallen and then kept walking on. If I forget to listen, pray for me. If I forget to be real enough for you to understand what I write and speak and do, remind me -- but gently. If I forget to tell you how very much I love you, tell me you love me... and then I'll remember to tell you too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you me...

M said...

Wow, Carrie. I love you (and I'm not saying that to remind you to tell me *wink*). I'm saying that because this post just reminded me to not forget what a precious friend you are to me and just how much of these past few years we have traversed together, whether in the same town or miles apart. In essence, you have reminded me not to forget to tell you how much you mean to me, sister.

Brooke said...

I love it.